Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Improvements to Gmail contacts

Another step in the "ultimate" sync process, woohoo! Gmail added fields to their contact manager. I guess I don't have to add birthdays and other random data to the notes field and mess up my contacts even more.

This will make things a lot cleaner and help with cleaning out your address book. My address book has SERIOUSLY been a mess since 1999 and I'm not kidding. Its getting better though, and now if the big G would just create a better duplicate remover, allow 2 way sync with every other email site, social network, desktop email program aaaaaaaaand make it all sync nicely to my Blackberry storm, the universe would be a much better place.

OR...maybe I should find a company that just specializes in data management and organization...any suggestions?

Official gmail blog post.

No comments: